A major challenge of deciding on a Cleveland moving company is determining which ones are reputable and which are "rogue movers," fly-by-night businesses that operate without accountability or guidelines. These days it's not enough to judge by a moving company's website alone. Use these tried-and-true methods to find reputable movers in Cleveland that you can trust with your belongings and avoid getting scammed.
1. Better Business BureauIs the moving company you're researching registered with the Better Business Bureau? Check their rating, and how satisfactorily they've resolved any customer complaints. Reputable movers in Cleveland with a lot of experience are more likely to be registered and have some history of positively dealing with customer complaints than a rogue mover.
2. American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA)The AMSA has a long history of consumer advocacy and carefully screens potential members, so you can rest assured that a Cleveland moving company certified as a ProMover can be trusted with your valuable belongings. Be sure to check directly with the AMSA that your Cleveland mover is a member, as some unscrupulous companies may claim to be a ProMover when they're not.
3. Reputable Van LinesIs the Cleveland moving company you're investigating associated with a well-known, long-standing van line? Be sure to check with the van line to make sure the moving company is an agent in good standing.
4. Look for Quality and SafetyAsk what kinds of quality assurance processes your mover has in place. Do they have the right equipment to ensure the safety of your household goods, like warehouses, quality trucks, moving blankets, shrink wrap, and dollies? Do they conduct criminal background checks on their personnel? If they do, they should be able to provide an ID number that you can verify.
5. Drive by the FacilityBeware of fake addresses. Reputable movers in Cleveland should have a brick and mortar location that you can drive by. If they're located inside an office building, go inside and make sure the company is listed on the directory.
6. Avoid Common Scam TacticsDon't choose a mover that charges upfront for a move instead of providing you with an estimate after service is concluded, and request multiple estimates from different movers to compare cost. Avoid a moving companies that offer a lowball price.
Don't leave your household goods or your home in the hands of an unresearched and unaccountable moving company. Contact Weleski Transfer with any questions you have about our practices, and request a free moving quote to compare services.
Subscribe to Weleski Transfer Inc's Blog